Monday, September 29, 2014

White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter Biscuits

When my aunt is in town, I must bake breakfast bread.

While my Mocha Cappucino Hazelnut biscuits were in the category of “pretty good”, I've also been eager to do more experimentation with Peanut Butter & Co's flavored peanut butters. With an open jar of White ChocolateWonderful calling my name, I wanted to do some playing around.

I used the same Fabio Viviani recipe as I did for my Mocha Cappucino Hazelnut biscuits, only this time swapping the White Chocolate Wonderful for the Nutella JifMocha Hazelnut Spread

White Chocolate Wonderful Biscuits

Adapted from Fabio Viviani
Makes about 8-3” biscuits
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 Tsp baking powder
  • 1 Tsp salt
  • 3 Tsp butter at room temperature
  • 4 Tbsp Peanut Butter & Co. White Chocolate Wonderful
  • ¾ cup milk

Start by combining all the dry ingredients. Cut in butter and spread. Then add milk.
Mix until well combined. Drop into greased muffin tins. Bake at 450 for about 15 minutes.

The first thing I noticed is the dough was a lot wetter than the previous incarnation (which is why I made the last minute decision to make them drop biscuits). Once baked, they took on a similar texture to the Mocha Cappuccino Hazelnut version.

My favorite thing about this recipe is its sheer simplicity. Most people have the ingredients handy. It only takes a few minutes and a few steps. Someone who is a little better at functioning than me could easily get up a half hour earlier than everyone else and get a fresh variation of biscuits out for breakfast.

Oh, and these even got a little attention from Peanut Butter & Co themselves!


No comments:

Post a Comment