Wednesday, June 13, 2012

(Sort of) Taking it Easy Week Part 2


Like I said in my previous post, I'm not the biggest fan of baking straight from a mix. Anyone can follow the instructions off the back of the box, but it doesn't bring the same satisfaction as baking something from scratch, or at least, adding a special touch, a la Sandra Lee.

But the starter is still in the fridge (more to come later this week, or maybe next week). I've got company coming over today, so I tackled one of those muffin mix boxes. Except I baked it in a loaf pan. Ha!

To be truthful, it's hard to say that's my own special spin when the instructions for baking it in a loaf pan are on the back of the box. But so be it.

The instructions are almost too simple: Mix with 1 cup of water, fold in the included cranberries (drained!) and bake for 40-45 minutes at 350. 

It looked yummy in the bowl.  It smelled so good in the oven.  And it looks even yummier now:


Cranberry Orange Loaf. It looks so yummy. But I can't dig into it yet. No, it's breakfast for us tomorrow with one of the greatest food products ever: Philedelphia Indulgence spreadable cream cheese.

Can't I just go to bed now so I can eat breakfast earlier?

No comments:

Post a Comment